Important to note: keep your ingredients dry. If you’re cooking the veggies with broth or steam-frying, use only small amounts of liquid. If it gets too soupy (the vegs release water, too) crank heat to high and stir constantly until the liquids evaporate. These tacos are yummy with a side of grits, Lightlife breakfast sausage, or hashbrowns!
- Heat coconut oil/evoo in a skillet and add curry powder (or plain turmeric). Cumin or chili powder may be used for a Mexican-style bfast.
- Add diced onion and garlic; cook until aroma is harmonious (!).
- Add chopped red bell pepper, and any other veggies you wish. I like carrot, mushroom, spinach, and broccoli.
- Once veggies are cooked tender, add crumbled tofu and rinsed, drained black beans. I don’t press my tofu when making a scramble because the liquid evaporates quickly enough. Cook until tofu scramble is heated throughout. You may add tamari or soy sauce if you like salty!
- On top of the scramble in the frying pan, place your frozen or fresh corn tortillas, and turn the heat to med-low. Put a lid on the pan and steam the tortillas this way. You may also steam them in the microwave using a damp paper towel.
- Assemble your tacos! Garnish with red onion, cilantro, lime, avocado, vegan sour cream/yogurt.